Saturday, February 23, 2019

February - a peek at Penelope's journal ...

Here are the bits and pieces from the last page of the handouts in class, plus how I used them on the pages in my own journal. I wanted to show you can spread a single quote over a whole page, and let it be the jumping off point for further consideration, as I do in the first page below:



In the next page, I used only the text from the two bits of inspiration and did a whole new image. Badly-drawn, I should point out. Never let your lack of drawing ability get in the way of whatever you need to tell yourself in your journal ~ I don't!



PS ~ I drew this with black china marker, over scraped acrylic paint, and then watercoloured on top.
And yes, I know it's a bad drawing ... lol ... 

For the next page, I used only the text again, and it fit perfectly with one of the pages from the Uppercase Magazine showing tons and tons of products. Seems like we're always being told we need to buy more things to be valuable or meaningful. Not so!




Another page from Uppercase Magazine, paired perfectly with the text from the image below:



That's all for this week, folks! Our topic next month will be Bravery. Or Colour. Or being brave and colourful ~ yeah, that'll do!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure why you would say that's a bad drawing It looks great to me!

    ReplyDelete