So I've gathered some tool for you to use over the next two months if you'd like. The first is a Personal Values Exercise. I did this eons ago in high school when I was trying to decide what kind of adult I wanted to be, and it seems like a good time to do it again. Here are some handouts for you:
If you find the small slips I've provided on one page too small to work with, a full 9-page pdf with larger cards can be found here.
In the writing groove after that exercise? Here's another fun thing that came up on my Pinterest feed that I realized could be neatly bent to use a self-discovery tool. I'm sure the original purpose was a list to blog-writers overcome a writing block. But you could become your own personal "expert". For example, take one of the "suggested" article titles, fill in the blanks with something you're working on in your life, and write as if you're counseling a friend. Approach it from outside yourself, and see what "good advice" you already know. Here are a couple of examples I came up with:
- "_____ vs. _____: Which is Better?" becomes: "Forgive vs. Forget: Which is Better?"
- "How ___________ Can Save Your _____" becomes "How Honesty Can Save Your Sanity"
You'll find all this (and more!) on this handout:
On the next post I'll lighten up and get back to some fun creativity, I promise!



No comments:
Post a Comment