Monday, October 10, 2016

Week 3 ~ Creating a Colour Health Wheel

One last thing before we (almost) leave colour wheels behind ...

I was thinking about how to diagram colour wheels about the same time I was designing the October goal setting calendar, and I started thinking about how you need to have all three sides of the wheel to make all the colours, just like in life how you need all three aspects of health to be blended together.

So ... if you choose three primary aspects of health ~ fitness, nutrition and inner self-care, and you assign them to the primary colours on the colour wheel, you can also extend the metaphor and think about what happens when those aspects of health overlap and create "new" colours.

At this point, I did what I always do: draw out what I'm thinking and explore what it might mean.
When I thought about how "nutrition" (yellow) and "exercise" (red) might mix, what to came to mind was "healthy snacks". Leaning a little more towards the "exercise" circle, made me realize that healthy snacks are more useful if you carry them with you (less temptation to buy something unhealthy while you're out). and leaning towards the "nutrition" circle made me realize the best way to have healthy snacks is to make your own.

Likewise, blending "exercise" with "inner self-care" made me realize that you feed both body and soul when you find an activity you love ~ it stops being a punishment. And even more of a bonus if you can do it with friends, which is one good reason why the program we all belong to succeeds in bringing us back so often. It's not merely a "program" to us, it's a social network.

It occurred to me that this kind of chart could be useful in other areas of life as well, so I've made you an info sheet with blank circles for you to fill in and colour for whatever purpose suits your needs.


No comments:

Post a Comment