Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Class 5 ~ Make your own journal ...

We finished off this series of classes by making our own journals so we can keep on journaling after the classes are done. I've created an easy step-by-step handout for you to keep for future use.



As I said in the class, this method of binding, called the "pamphlet stitch" is very versatile. Once you know how to make a punching guide, you can make your journal pages any size. Knowing how to equally space the holes is easier than marking out "this many inches here" and "this many inches there". And when it comes to binding - just remember: you need an ODD number of holes and SKIP OVER the center hole so your thread ends up where you started so you can tie off the end threads. 

I wanted to thank everyone who came out to the classes. It's been great fun teaching them and I hope you're learning new things and getting comfortable with the journaling process. I'm always happy to answer any questions and welcome your comments! 

Our next series of classes, which start this upcoming Wednesday, April 12th, will begin with making our journals! So if you missed the last class ... it's not too late to learn this valuable skill. I'll also be discussing some of my favourite materials and tools, as well as talking a little bit about preparing your pages ahead of time (but not too much!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment