We all have people who inspire us. Let's take some time and think about who are our personal inspirations and why. Print out the handout below and write down yours. Be thoughtful about it. There some "automatics", but dig deep, let the question sit with you awhile, and then write ...
Here's how this exercise turned out in my journal. I chose my partner and my mother-in-law, two people who have contributed immensely to my development over the last 30 years. Followed by my brothers, who are pretty special people to me. For example, even as I'm typing this, we're having a side conversation over on facebook, plotting our perfect Utopia to retire to together ...
Artwise, again, here are some notes ... the left-hand page is actually a magazine cityscape turned on its side. The woman with the magnifying glass covers the headline on the page, and the list covers the first paragraph of text.
On the facing page, I used 4 different patterns of washi tape to unify the pages: dark blue at the bottom to continue the surface she sits on, puffy white clouds to go with her leggings, and orange and yellow washi tape to go with the rest of her outfit. I used water soluble crayon to blend the yellow and orange together, and drew a red border around the quote to match her red shoe. All these things bring the pages together.


No comments:
Post a Comment