The follow on exercise from the Connection sheets was to write out what else you are in addition to the 44 identifiers listed on the handouts. Just like you, I wrote out more ways I describe myself. I was lucky enough to find an ad in a Golf magazine that had similar "I am" statements, so I used the page as a backdrop for my own statements, even though some of them are not true of me. So, no, I don't really ride a motorcycle or collect bonsais, but it's fun to think I might. I judicially covered up what the ad was *really* for (low testosterone!) with my placement of my written sheet.
The facing page is another car ad - can you see the car peeking through where the two pages meet?. The "I AM" in the middle of the mandala is the front page of the mini-booklet I made with the "I am" statements you all shared in class. I'll have a mini-book for each of you to glue in your journals at our next class, which will be October 6th, since this upcoming Wednesday is an open house.
You might think the left-hand page is a bit sparse text-wise, but I've purposefully left some of it blank so I can add quotes or other thoughts at some future date. That's actually one advantage a Vision Journal has over a Vision Board ~ you can continue to add as you go along ... you don't have to pin down any final statement, your journal can change and grow as you go.

No comments:
Post a Comment