We'll start with that old saying: know thyself. I've created these two worksheets (loosely based on the Unity Project) where you can think about the ways you see yourself in the world. If one of the statements sounds true for you, put a little checkmark next to the number. Should be easy, right? But there are a couple of tricky ones in there. For instance, it's possible to "consider yourself to be political" (#9) and still "not like politics" (#10). They seem to be opposite, but they're not.
In the right-hand column, feel free to add what you wish people knew about you in connection with the accompanying identifying statement. For example, for #30 "I work part-time", I made a note that I do so by choice, and that I wish everyone had that option.
So go ahead, print these out and fill them out. Take your time and think about what you might see that you weren't expecting.
Stay tuned for a follow-up post with more information about when we did this as a class exercise.


No comments:
Post a Comment