After 15 grueling (but rewarding) art exercises, exploring a wide variety of inspirational artists (and writers), I saved the last pages in my book for my own work.
Some of them were created *before* this experiment and some after, but it was well worth the effort and the time I took to do it.
In fact, I VERY HIGHLY recommend this as an art exercise for anyone. Dedicate an art journal to your further education and skill development. Choose an artist you love. Do a whack of research on them, identify what you love about their work. Approach it as a true student would ~ make notes about what you love about their work and why, print out images from the web, document it ALL. And then try your hand. Be prepared to let go of your expectations and just have the experience.
I can't recommend it enough ...
No comments:
Post a Comment